Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Bonds are in a Bubble that could become Absurd

"Jim Rogers: I shorted Treasury bonds again a little while ago, and my timing has never been very good in that market. I’m down a little bit, not much. It’s going to be a bubble. But like all bubbles, they go much higher than anybody expects; certainly higher than anybody rationally expects. You shouldn’t ask me for the timing; I can’t tell you it’s a bubble. That doesn’t mean it can’t go higher. Between the fall of ’98 and the spring of 2000, in 18 months, Nasdaq tripled, even though it was clear to anybody around that it was mania and a bubble. But that’s what happens in bubbles. They become absurd. And this one, it looks like it’s going to continue to become absurd, too. - in Seekingalpha"

at http://jimrogers1.blogspot.com/2012/07/bonds-are-in-bubble-that-could-become.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FWOHK+%28Jim+Rogers+Blog%29

No comments:

Post a Comment