Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Saut - The Systemic Problem, I’m Not Sure It Can Be Fixed

"With continued volatility in global markets, today King World News interviewed Jeffrey Saut, Chief Investment Strategist for Raymond James, which has $360 billion assets under management. Saut spoke with KWN about Europe and warned, “As I’ve always said, the systemic problem, I’m not sure can be fixed.” He also warned about possible conflict with Iran and class warfare, but first, here is what Saut had to say about the crisis in Europe: “I think Europe took a step in the right direction a couple of weeks ago. It was consistent with what I’ve been saying year, that when push came to shove that politicians, bureaucrats and bankers are the same over there as they are over here, and when you get to the ‘nth’ hour they are going to paper over ‘Euroquake’ and try to buy more time.”

Jeffrey Saut continues:
“In this particular instance I think the papering over was significant in some of the measures they took. It actually looked like the first step in the right direction, ever. Every three months I think they are going to have to come back and do some more QE-whatever it is over there, and try to continue to buy more time.
As I’ve always said, the systemic problem, I’m not sure can be fixed...."

No comments:

Post a Comment